Fees and charges for apprenticeships
No charge if using apprenticeship vacancy matching service, our website or job centre. Other forms of advertising such as newspapers may incur a charge if required.
The amount and planned duration relating to this will be agreed before recruitment. The apprentice salary can be anything above the legal requirement of £2.60 per hour (October 2011) for a new apprentice.
The apprentice will be employed by us on an apprentice training contract of employment and through the agency work with you the “Host” employer. The salary (actual costs) and management costs will be charged to you the “Host” employer on a monthly basis.
In the event that the apprentice agreement is terminated due to the apprentice leaving the apprenticeship the employer will not be entitled to reimbursement of any fees incurred by them.
NMW Rates from 1st October 2011
The NMW rates are reviewed each year by the Low Pay Commission and from 1st October 2011:
- The main rate for workers aged 21 and over will increase to £6.08
- The 18-20 rate will increase to £4.98
- The 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18 will increase to £3.68
The apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship will increase to £2.60
We will charge a fee. The management fee will be based on the learner’s age and choice of apprenticeship at start of the programme.
Under 19 at start of programme the fee will be £70 per month and 19+ at start of programme the fee will be £90 per month.
Currently also included in this fee is:
- The charges imposed by the government. The agency will charge the “Host employer” for the Government employer contribution per apprentice where relevant
- The Registration fees for awarding bodies (subject to change
The costs of direct training will be met by us.