Housing and Council Tax benefits
Use the pages below to find out more information on Housing and Council Tax benefits.
Need help with benefits? Choose one of the below:
- I want to apply for benefits
- I want to apply for a Second Adult Rebate
- I want to report a change of circumstance
- I’ve been overpaid benefit
- I want to report suspected benefit fraud
- I need advice on money/benefits
- I want to know more about the proposed changes to the benefit system
If you need something other than the above check out the pages below.
More information on Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit and how to claim
How to apply to make a new claim for Housing and/or Council Tax benefits.
Details of the evidence you will require for your benefit application.
More details on those who can apply, from pensioners, students and internationals to general applications.
Find out more about the help you can receive to pay your rent.
Find out more about how your benefit payments are calculated.
In some situations we may be able to backdate your claim, find out more here.
Find out how your benefit is calculated using the Local Housing Allowance.
Find out more about applying for a Second Adult Rebate.