Policies, performance and finance
In line with the Government’s transparency agenda, we publish information about our policies and performance on a regular basis.
All council policy stems from our five year Strategic Plan which you can read here. This was last published in March 2012, alongside our supporting Delivery Plan, which is published every two years and outlines all of the major projects we aim to complete during 2012-14.
The Local Performance Management Framework sets out how we manage performance at the following levels:
- City - this data can be found in the Drivers Report, which is produced annually with a six monthly update
- City Council (Strategic) - each autumn we publish an Annual Report which outlines how we are performing as a council in tackling the key issues affecting our communities
- City Council (Operational) - each quarter we report on the operational performance of all our services. This goes to Performance Scrutiny Committee
- Neighbourhood - reporting on how selected services are performing at the neighbourhood level is undertaken as and when requested by local groups or forums. You can read more about our Neighbourhood Teams here.
- Key Financial Information - each autumn we publish our Annual Statement of Accounts, Medium Term Financial Strategy, Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Audit Letter
Find out more information about how data protection works at the council.
The Lincoln Drivers Report is an annual report of the City of Lincoln Council which encompasses a breadth of information, and focuses on the key demographic and socioeconomic characteristics of, and challenges to, Lincoln