Strategic Plan 2012 - 2017
The Strategic Plan is our most important document, setting out the council’s ambitions for the future.
This plan has been written following widespread public consultation, and sets out the council’s priorities and projects for the next five years.
Sitting alongside the Strategic Plan is the delivery plan. This has been published in two phases -an initial two year Delivery Plan from 2012-14, which detailed some 98 different projects and investments totalling £4 million. This has been replaced with a subsequent delivery plan covering the period 2014 - 17, itself containing almost 70 schemes representing investment (from a variety of internal an external sources) of almost £47million.
Whilst we intend to make significant progress against these documents, the current financial challenges facing the council mean that in the early years of this strategy our focus will be on the following three core areas:
- Growing the local economy - to do what the council can to bring employment to the city and help people , particularly in deprived areas, gain employment in a very competitive labour market and hence help lift them out of a cycle of poverty and its associated negative impacts on health and well being
- Protect the poorest people in Lincoln - from the hardship effects of the current recession
- Increase the supply of affordable housing - to meet increasing demand
Click here to view the Strategic Plan 2012-2017.
Click here to view the Delivery Plan 2012-2014.
Click here to view the Delivery Plan 2014-2017.
Annual Report 2014
The Annual Report offers a look-back at the many successes and achievements of the City Council over the last year. It includes a number of case studies to show how our work in the city is improving the lives of local residents.
Click here to view the Annual Report 2014.
The City of Lincoln Council’s Executive committee passed a resolution supporting and promoting fairtrade in July 2012.
Click here to view a copy of the Fairtrade Policy.
Lincoln Drivers Report
The Lincoln Drivers Report is an annual report of the City of Lincoln Council which focuses on the key challenges to Lincoln
Click here to view the Lincoln Drivers Report.
Community Cohesion Strategy
The strategy provides a framework for partner organisations, groups and individuals to locate their activity. It sets out a vision and the objectives we need to meet to realise that vision. It is supported by an agreed partnership action plan.
Click here to view the Community Cohesion Strategy.
Corporate Governance Framework
The City of Lincoln Council’s Framework for Corporate Governance is made up of the systems and processes, culture and values by which the authority is directed and how it relates to the community it serves.
Good corporate governance requires the councils to be open, transparent, effective, inclusive of all sectors of the community, accountable to the public it serves and to demonstrate integrity.
This framework is a public statement of the ways in which the council will achieve good corporate governance.
Click here to view the Framework for Corporate Governance.
Scrutiny Annual Report 2012/2013
In 2012-13 the City of Lincoln Council operated an Executive system, comprising the Leader and five other portfolio holders. Most decision-making within the Council takes place within the Executive.
To improve the quality of the decisions made by the Council, a scrutiny structure was put in place under the local government modernisation agenda, which provided the opportunity for the remaining 27 non-Executive Councillors the chance to challenge decisions made by the Executive. This is a summary of the scrutiny work which has taken place in the year 2012/2013.
Click here to view the Scrutiny Annual Report 2012/2013.
Shared Revenues and Benefits Service - Annual Report 2014
The Annual Report for the Shared Revenues and Benefits Service focuses on achievements and changes within the service over the past year.
Click here to view the Shared Revenues and Benefits Service - Annual Report 2014.
The Local Performance Management Framework
The Local Performance Management Framework sets out how we manage performance at the following levels:
- City - this data can be found in the Drivers Report, which is produced annually with a six monthly update
- City Council (Strategic) - each autumn we publish an Annual Report which outlines how we are performing as a council in tackling the key issues affecting our communities
- City Council (Operational) - each quarter we report on the operational performance of all our services. This goes to Performance Scrutiny Committee
- Neighbourhood - reporting on how selected services are performing at the neighbourhood level is undertaken as and when requested by local groups or forums. You can read more about our Neighbourhood Teams here.