Huge summer success leads to autumn activities
More than 760 young people took part in Olympic themed summer holiday activities in Lincoln this year.
The themed summer holiday activities, which were run and organised by the City of Lincoln Council, saw 769 young people take part. Now, as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games come to an end, the authority is looking to build on this success and is already planning activities for autumn half-term.
The summer activities took place at numerous venues across the city and activities included football, hockey, dodgeball, Parkour, dance and a bungee run.
An autumn programme of events has now been drawn up. The activities, which are the same as the summer activities, will take place from Monday October 29th to Friday 2nd November, 10am to 4pm. There is no need to book, children can just turn up on the day.
The dates and venues are:
- Monday 29th October - Priory Witham Academy
- Tuesday 30th October - Bracebridge Community Centre
- Wednesday 31st October - Sudbrooke Drive Community Centre
- Thursday 1st November - Birchwood Youth Centre
- Friday 2nd November - Priory Witham Academy
All young people will need:
- To have a consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian before the activities
- To bring a packed lunch and enough drinks for the day
- To be dressed appropriately for activities
Keith Taylor, Senior Sports Development Officer at the City of Lincoln Council said: “It’s fantastic to see this amount of young people take part in sport during the summer holidays. There are a wide variety of activities that take place so there is something for everyone to join in with and have a bit of fun. We really hope this Olympic spirit is carried on into the autumn.”