- For the latest business support information, as a result of Covid-19, please visit gov.uk.coronavirus/business-support
- Advice and support is also available at businesslincolnshire.com
A Summary of City of Lincoln Business Support Grant Schemes
A diagram showing a summary of the current Lincoln business support grant schemes.
If you are a business that has been mandated to be closed for any period from the beginning of November to date and have already made an application and been eligible/received one of the above Closed Business Grants or Christmas Support Payment, then we will automatically assess you eligibility for any subsequent new closed grants, including those identified for January, and contact you directly regarding your eligibility status before the end of January.
If you have been mandated to close for any period from November to January and have not yet made an any application then please be advised to familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria (see link to guidance below) and any application closure deadlines and if appropriate apply via the online form by following the ‘Apply for a Closed Business Support Grant’ link below.
- Please note applications for claiming grants for November period will close on the 31st of January 2021
- Grants are available for both Closed Business Rate Payers and non-business rate payers that can evidence ongoing property costs.
Grant Applications - Closed Businesses
The City of Lincoln Council Policy for Closed Business Grants, November 2020 to January 2021, sets out the criteria under which businesses qualify and the evidence required to make an application.
Open But Severely Impacted Businesses
If you are a business working within the hospitality, hotel, bed and breakfast and leisure sectors, and have been directly and severely impacted in respect of your supply chain or market but not mandated to close for any period from the beginning of December 2020, then you may be eligible for one of the ‘Open But Severely Impacted’ grants as outlined above.
The grant is to support ongoing business costs and cannot be used as a wage supplement. Therefore, businesses will need to evidence ongoing fixed costs in order to qualify.
- Businesses also need to evidence a significant drop in income
- Note applications for the November period are now closed
- Applications for the December Period will remain open until Friday 22nd of January
The City council is currently considering the status of a further ‘Open Scheme’ and details and an online application will be published here once finalised.
Grant Applications - Open But Severely Impacted Businesses
The City of Lincoln Council Policy for Open But Severely Impacted Businesses, 2nd December 2020 to 30th December 2020, sets out the criteria under which businesses qualify and the evidence required to make an application.
Opening Your Business Safely
If you are planning to open your business please review the COVID-19 Tool kit which aims to help Lincolnshire businesses become COVID-19 secure, resume trading safely, and protect their staff and customers as lockdown is eased.