Business Support due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There is a package of measures available through City of Lincoln Council to support businesses through the period of disruption caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Business Revival Grant Fund
Update: Demand for this scheme has been high. The fund is now fully subscribed and a reserve list has been created.
The fund has now closed to further enquiries and current applications will be assessed for eligibility. If funds remain or additional funding can be made available after the assessment of the initial cohort, those on the reserve list will be invited to apply. Businesses enquiring through the link for this scheme will be notified directly of the status of their enquiry.
About the Business Revival Grant Funding scheme
City of Lincoln Council is pleased to announce the launch of a new Business Revival Grant Fund to support businesses to reopen, recover and prosper.
A total of £500,000 has been ring-fenced to support businesses through this scheme, with funding from the Additional Restrictions Grant.
This is the latest initiative in a programme of support to assist businesses to respond to the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic. This support is in addition to the Restart Grants and previous Local Restrictions Support Grant.
Businesses can apply for up to £5,000 to help them to adapt, diversify and to support long-term sustainability.
The types of measures that could be supported include:
- 1-2-1 specialist advice to address immediate needs in response to Covid-19 – e.g. digital or sector specialists
- Purchase of equipment to adapt business processes – e.g. sanitising stations or equipment to support movement of business activities outside
- To adopt new technology to deliver or diversify business activities – e.g. ecommerce platforms, contactless payments, hardware/software to support remote working
- To develop or purchase new environmentally-friendly products or energy-efficient equipment that will reduce waste and promote the transition to a low carbon economy.
Recently Closed Schemes
The following schemes are no longer open for applications:
- Restart Grants - Government Mandatory Scheme is now closed
- Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - Discretionary Grants Scheme is now closed
If you think your business is eligible and has not received grant payments email email@example.com
Other Closed Schemes
The application windows closed on 31 March 2021 or 31st May 2021, depending on the grant scheme.
Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses mandated to close due to the national and local lockdown periods:
- 5 November to 1 December 2020 (National)
- 2 December to 30 December 2020 (Tier 3)
- 31 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 (Tier 4)
- 5 January 2021 – 15 February 2021(National)
- 16 February 2021 – 31st March 2021 (National)
- Closed Business Lockdown Grant (one off)
- Additional Restrictions Grant for businesses mandated to close or severely impacted by the national and local restrictions for the above periods.
Other Support Schemes (external gov.uk websites):
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Paying sick pay to employees
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- If you cannot pay your tax bill on time
- Business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Business rates holiday - nursery discount
- Self Employment Income Support Scheme