Housing Repairs During Covid-19
For the latest information about Council repair services visit lincoln.gov.uk/housing-council-tax/maintenance-recovery-information
Cleaning of Communal Areas
We are carrying out cleaning of communal areas in line with health and safety guidance to minimise the risk posed to staff.
We will continue to prioritise the cleaning of door handles and lift buttons in high rise blocks and independent living schemes.
Our Housing Repairs Service is currently only carrying out emergency repairs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency repairs are classed as any repair that is necessary to avoid danger to the health and safety of residents or serious damage to the structure of a building
- We will also continue to refurbish certain empty properties for those in the greatest need
- Urgent and Routine repairs will be logged for when the normal service resumes.
Emergency work is considered to be:
- Toilet blockage or toilet unable to be flushed. Please note: as a temporary measure all working toilets can be flushed by using a bucket of water
- Serious storm, accident or flood damage to room, due to leak
- Dangerous structures
- Serious electrical faults, total loss of power
- Total loss of water supply
- Major water leak (which is causing a flood)
- Blocked flue to a boiler or open fire
- Overflows and taps continually running
- Smoke alarm constantly sounding
- Where the property cannot be secured (eg: insecure low level window and doors)
- Regaining entry where a tenant is accidentally locked out. However a charge is likely to be made in this instance.
For further information visit lincoln.gov.uk/council-housing/council-property-repairs/3
Gas Safety Checks in Council Homes
We are required by law to carry out a yearly gas safety check at each of our council homes, this is to check all gas appliances are working properly and don’t pose a risk to tenants.
The government has informed us that we must continue to do these safety checks in line with Government Covid-19 regulations.
If possible please allow us access to your home to carry out this check and respond to any requests from us to book an appointment.