Flood Recovery for Domestic and Commercial properties
If your property was flooded between 19th October and 25th October 2023 as a direct result of Storm Babet you may be eligible for some support.
Eligible Domestic properties
Eligible Domestic properties are where:
- the property is your primary residence and flood water entered into the habitable areas of the property making it unliveable.
- the property is your primary residence but water did not entered into your property and the local authority regards that the residence was otherwise considered unliveable for over 48 hours.
- Second homes and empty properties are not eligible
- Student accommodation is not eligible
- Flooded gardens or garages will not usually render a household eligible – unless you can demonstrate that the this makes the property unliveable.
A claim for support can be made by downloading the following form and then submitting this to email@example.com . You must provide evidence of the flooding – this may include photographs and a copy of your insurance claim.
Eligible Commercial properties
Eligible Commercial properties are where:
- The property was directly impacted by the relevant weather event – for instance flood damage to the property, equipment, and/or stock; or the business could not function due to a lack of access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of the recent weather events, and the flooding seriously impacted the businesses’ ability to trade from the property.
- This is subject to the UK subsidy control regime, and Is only available to properties with a rateable value of less than £10 million
- Empty properties are not eligible
A claim for support can be made by downloading the following form and then submitting this to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide evidence of the flooding – this may include photographs and a copy of your insurance claim.