Garages Privacy Notice
How we use your personal information
City of Lincoln Council are what is known as the ‘controller’ of the data you provide and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
We take your privacy seriously and laws state that we must use your personal data:
- fairly, lawfully and be open with you about how we use it
- for a particular purpose and we must not do anything with your data which is not compatible with this
- keep your data accurate and delete any inaccuracies without delay
- obtain from you only the data which is necessary
- keep your data only for as long as necessary (6 years from the end of the License according to the Limitation Act 1980)
- store your data safely and securely
We are processing your personal data for the purposes of renting you a garage and related repairs and maintenance. This is on the basis that it is necessary to use your personal data in relation to this contract.
Who we might share your personal information with
We may share your information with other sections of City of Lincoln Council and the following where necessary who are repairs contractors who act on our behalf:
- Lincs Civil Engineering
- Drain Wise
We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and we may use your data for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
How can I access the personal information you hold about me?
Data Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Lincoln Council, City Hall, Beaumont Fee, LN1 1DD.
Telephone 01522 881188 or
If however you remain unhappy, then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: -
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.