Worried about losing your home?
If you are worried about losing your home please contact us as soon as possible on 01522 873 777 to arrange a Housing options Interview.
- On 3rd April 2018 the Homeless Reduction Act (HRA) came into effect and changed the way that we deal with any eligible person who is at risk of homelessness.
- New statutory duties enable us to work with you to prevent or relieve your homelessness within the next 56 days.
- Assistance is available to all eligible households & may result in a Prevention or Relief Duty being offered to you.
- Your Housing duty will be established at a Housing Options Interview
- The Housing Solutions Officer will establish the most appropriate course of action & assistance available to you & complete a comprehensive housing assessment to identify the problem & any additional support needs that you may have
- They will agree & complete a Personalised Housing Plan (PHP) with you outlining all action that will be taken by the Council & yourself to help resolve the situation
- The plan will be regularly reviewed until a successful outcome is reached