A Listen to this page
Home > Housing > Council tenants > Your tenancy > Dealing with family breakups

Dealing with family breakups

In an emergency if you are being threatened with violence go to your local police station. If your relationship has completely broken down, we will consider the housing needs of both you and your former partner.

You may need to get a residence order from a court before we will consider your request for rehousing. If a residence order provides for children to spend some time with each parent, we will also consider requests for a home large enough to allow the children to visit. If you have children, you should get advice about family break-up from a Citizens’ Advice Bureau, a solicitor, or social services.

Tenancy Support Team

City Hall

Beaumont Fee




Tel: 01522 873333

Email: tenancysupportteam@lincoln.gov.uk