Derek Miller Court is a sheltered housing scheme that offers supported housing for older people. The scheme is in the West End of the city on Newland Street West. It provides easy access to the centre of Lincoln and is close to many local services and facilities.
Not far away is the St. Marks retail park, and the main shopping area of Lincoln is a short walk away. Regular bus services go to the centre of the city and a bus stop is near the scheme.
Derek Miller Court has:
- 56 bed-sitting room flats, suitable for single people
Each bed-sitting room flat has a living area with a recess that may be hidden with a curtain, for a single bed. The room has limited cooking facilities, a table-top fridge and hob/oven are provided. There is a bathroom with a toilet, wash hand basin and shower within each flat.
- Four one bedroom flats, suitable for couples
The one bed flats have a separate bedroom, fully fitted kitchen (but appliances are not provided), living room and bathroom.
All the flats have their own front door and an alarm system that can be used to call for help in an emergency.
We let the property on a secure or introductory tenancy, giving you all the normal rights of any council tenant. However, you will not have the Right to Buy the property.
Derek Miller Court has the following facilities available to residents:
- A common room with a wide variety of optional activities organised by the residents committee
- Three communal sitting rooms
- Church Service twice a week
- Day trips to organised events
- A large communal garden
- Laundry and drying facilities
The on-site scheme manager ensures that residents can receive all-round support in line with your support plan, which will be agreed with you soon after you move in.
The support plan is designed to your individual needs and requirements and will be reviewed at least every 6 months with your scheme manager.
Cost of the service
The total rent that tenants pay includes the following breakdown of charges;
- Rent for accommodation
- Charges for support; charged at around 10% of the accommodation rent
- Service charge - heating and hot water