City of Lincoln Council - Role as an Accountable Body
The City Council is accountable for the overall management and administration of the Town Deal Programme and Town Funds.
In this role the Council shall:
- Provide resource and support to the Town Board
- Act as secretariate to the Town Board
- Ensure good governance and transparency in decision making
- Oversee the development of the Town Investment Plan
- Oversee the Heads of Terms Agreement with government and the Board
- Manage, monitor and evaluate the Investment Programme, with recourse to independent expertise as required for assurance
- Support lead partners in the development of detailed business cases to secure funding
- Manage contractual arrangements with project partners to ensure delivery
- Be responsible for the financial management of the overall programme
- Reporting to government as required
A dedicated Programme Management Office will be established to oversee the programme, subject to agreement of Heads of Terms with government.