1. Hospitality, Events and Tourism (HEAT) Institute
This project will deliver a new Health and Wellbeing Centre (HWBC), at a key gateway into the City Centre on Monks Road. It will enable the delivery of an expanded range of training and support services, focused on mental health, to serve Lincoln and its wider catchment area.
The Centre will deliver health-related and resilience focused qualifications alongside a wider range of support groups and services led by health care professionals in collaboration with the NHS.
The services will enable learners to enter employment, act as a gateway to higher level learning and provide them with the knowledge necessary to develop their own mental health toolkit.
- Addresses recognised need to improve health outcomes and address skills shortages as key barriers to growth
- Engages disadvantaged groups and addresses barriers to the labour market as a result of mental health issues
- Delivers access to qualifications and a route to higher level learning and employment opportunities
- It supports local businesses to increase productivity through addressing staff wellbeing and reducing levels of absenteeism
- It supports the wider urban regeneration objectives and learning outcomes in construction as part of the delivery