Hartsholme Country Park Camping Site - Site Rules
- The site will be open from 1st March to 31st October; the site is managed by the City of Lincoln Council. All enquiries should be directed to: The Camp Site Warden, Hartsholme Country Park, Skellingthorpe Road. Lincoln. LN6 0EY. Alternatively you can telephone 01522 873 578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The site will be available for holiday or recreational purposes only.
- The site is primarily intended for short stay tourists, however, periods of up to three weeks can be arranged with the Warden’s permission provided that enough space remains available for short stay tourists.
- Site charges are payable in advance, a receipt should always be obtained from the Warden for all charges paid. Charges are as posted on the camp site office door.
- There will be no subletting permitted.
- Caravans and cars should be parked and tents pitched in the places allotted by the Warden. Campers may be requested to move at times during the stay, the Warden may require this for the proper management of the site. Disabled/hard standing pitches may need to be vacated for the use of disabled campers.
- The contents of all chemical closets and other waste-water shall be disposed of only at the disposal points provided. If disposing of ‘grey’ water please contact warden.
- All refuse should be placed in the dustbins provided.
- No musical instruments, radio, television or music players must be allowed to produce excessive noise between the hours of 11pm to 7am.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead and other pets must be kept under proper control at all times.
- Wilful damage of surrounding trees and shrubs will result in immediate dismissal from the site and proceedings may be taken against offenders. The lighting of camp fires is forbidden; only gas barbeques are permitted on site.
- Swimming and boating are not allowed on the lakes.
- The City of Lincoln Council will not be responsible for the loss or damage to persons or property incurred while on site, however caused.
- Authority for the conduct of the site is vested in The Director for Communities and Environment or the site warden as his agent. Site accommodation provided is conditional on all campsite rules being strictly observed and upon campers conducting themselves at all times with due regard to the comfort of others. The refund of the appropriate portion of the site fees paid in advance shall be sufficient discharge of all obligations to a camper who is requested to leave because of breach of these rules. The Camp Site Wardens are not permitted to give refunds.
- Any request for a refund should be made in writing to The City of Lincoln Council and addressed to the Camp Site Warden using the address shown above. It will then be forwarded our City Hall office and be dealt with there.
- For additions and amendments to rules and procedures please refer to our website www.lincoln.gov.uk/hartsholmecampsite
Seasonal Offers - Terms and conditions
Management reserves the right to remove any offer at any time. Please contact us directly for more information and booking details.
Hartsholme Country Park Camp Site Terms and Conditions
Check out and arrival times:
Arrive between 1pm and 6pm (outside of these times by prior arrangement. Check out is midday. Late stays may be granted but charges apply (not always possible at peak times).
Charge for late staying guests:
Check out time is midday, if you require a pitch for longer this is are charged at £3 to 2pm and £6 to 4pm. Late stays are only possible at the discretion of the warden and may be refused at peak times. If you stay longer than 4pm you will be expected to pay for a full night.
Large bookings only accepted on an individual case by case basis:
Being such a small site large groups have often been problematic and complaints are made with regard to noise levels etc.
Please refer to the photo guide on arrival, as a rule those that peg in the ground are charged at the awning rate.
Are charged at the same rate as an awning if they are up to a two person back pack type tent only. They must fit on your pitch as would an awning, you are not permitted to have both. Any larger tents require a separate pitch and a full pitch fee.
Payment terms, deposits and refunds:
- The total charge for your stay can be obtained from the camp site warden at time of booking, however, our site fees are available via a leaflet on site and are clearly posted on site and on our web pages. Prices run from April 1st to March 31st each season.
- If booking via email you will receive confirmation via email and within the confirmation the prices for the site will be included. The cost of your stay may not have been calculated unless you have specifically requested it.
- Non-returnable deposits are required for all Bank Holiday bookings, the Scampton Air Show Weekend and for stays within the High Season, times are clearly posted in our leaflet, on site and on our web pages. Deposits must be paid within one month of the stay or the pitch may be re-let. You will be advised at the time of booking of the requirement for a deposit. This may be verbally, if booking by phone, or via email, if you have booked via email. Once paid the deposit is non-returnable.
Deposits are as follows
- £25 for stays of 2 or more nights
- £10 for stays of 1 night.
- £25 deposit at time of booking
- Full payment by October 31st or pitch may be re-let and deposit lost.
- Full payment is due when you arrive on site, prior to pitching.
- Full payment is requested at time of booking for 1 night stays on a weekend and also for 1 night stays in the High Season. Payment must be made in full within the deposit cut off time or a pitch will not be guaranteed.
- Full payment is due prior to arrival if you are arriving after hours, this is regardless of how many nights you have booked.
Please advise as soon as possible if amendments are required to your booking.
Cheques should be made payable to “The City of Lincoln Council”. Mastercard, Visa and Maestro cards are accepted (sorry we are unable to accept Electron or American Express).
Charges for cancellations
Up to and including 31 days before you arrive: Your deposit
For Christmas Market bookings
30 to 16 days before you arrive: Your deposit plus 50% of booking fee
15 to 8 days before you arrive: You deposit plus 75% of booking fee
7 days to arrival or after the booking has commenced: Your deposit plus 100% of booking fee
Cancellation due to the following circumstances will be dealt with Open Spaces Manager. A period of up to 6 weeks is required to process the claim. A refund may be due to the following cases only:-
- Accident, injury, illness or death of a member of the party.
- Redundancy or Jury Service.
An authoritative document in support of cancellation must be produced i.e. Doctor’s Certificate, Redundancy Notice or Jury Service. This does not include pregnancy or illness related to pregnancy or any pre-existing condition.
Minimum nights to be booked
- A three night minimum booking applies to Easter weekend, Bank Holiday weekends in May and the Scampton Air Show Weekend.
- A five night minimum booking applies to the August Bank Holiday.
Special requests: As far as is practicable we will endeavour to comply with any special requests you have notified us of at the time of booking but we cannot guarantee that your requests will be met and we accept no liability to you in respect thereof. This is especially true of specific pitch requests and late stays at peak times.
Group bookings: We want to give you and everyone else in the park a great holiday. If you’re travelling as part of a group and you’re using more than one pitch you should let us know. We will try to accommodate you together as far as is practicable. If you haven’t made a group booking and arrive in a group, we may not be able to allow you to pitch together. As a small site we manage the space with families and couples in mind. So we usually turn down non-family bookings from people under the age of 21, and we don’t allow hen or stag parties to be held on site. If you visit as a group and are unruly or antisocial, we’ll tell you to leave the park immediately. No ands, no ifs and no buts. And no refunds.
Vehicles and sizing: Almost all of our standard pitches are big enough to suit most units. You can only bring one tourer, motorhome, tent or trailer tent onto each pitch. If yours is on the large side, we’ll do what we can to help you fit in – please let us know when you book. You must be clear on the size of your unit or tent (including guy ropes) at time of booking so we can check the pitch is suitable. We’ll do our best to give you a parking space next to your holiday home or pitch – but we can’t guarantee this. If you’re planning to bring something that’s not a car with you (a lorry, van, motorbike, jet skis or boat, for example), please check before you book. There is a charge for extras and you must tell us when you book. Some pitches can’t accept awnings with annexes, for example – and on a small number you will not be able to fit a large tent along with your car. We will provide a parking area nearby if this is the case. For all pitches if we decide that a car cannot safely stay within the confines of your pitch leaving adequate distances between living accommodation then we will ask you to remove it to a car parking area on the camp site. Vehicle movement on Site is prohibited between 11pm and 7am.
Pitching: Please pay attention to the information provided by the warden and posted at our main entrance in terms of how to pitch your caravan, motorhome or tent. Any deviation from the prescribed system and you may be asked to move. Our pitches are a generous size to ensure we adhere to the 6m ruling between living accommodations and 3 m between a car and living accommodation, which is also in place in most camping ground across the United Kingdom.
Dogs: As well as our ‘Dogs on Leads’ rule whilst on the camp site, with the exception of assistance dogs, pets are not allowed in the toilet block or other buildings.
Day Visitors – All visitors must notify the warden. Visitors are not permitted to use the amenities and must leave the park by 9pm. Visitors are not permitted to park on the camp site, they are directed to use the public car parks.
Queries or complaints: Please speak to the camp site warden in the first instance. If they are unable to resolve your query or you feel you need to speak to someone else please speak to the Senior Ranger on site or view or complaints procedure on our website www.lincoln.gov.uk/complaints
Campers are also reminded to pay attention to bylaws pertaining to Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes LNR when visiting these areas.
Set number of persons per pitch fee: Many sites have a standard pitch fee that includes two adults. We have asked that a fee be added to fees and charges from 2017 and will start charging for each additional adult. We will Police this as best we can but it also does rely on honesty from customers at time of booking and paying. We have not implemented charges for children.