Hartsholme Country Park is supported by Hartsholme Country Park Advisory Group. This body is made up of the following representatives and was started in March 2006:
- Dog walkers
- Hartsholme Country Park volunteers
- Continental Landscapes Ltd
- Lincoln and District Angling Association
- Hartsholme café
- Lincolnshire Police
- Hartsholme Electric Model Club
- Local residents
- Lincoln branch of the RSPB
- City council officers
- City council members
The Park Advisory Group’s aim is to advise the City Council on all issues, which affect the park and to help to promote the park’s position of importance in the local community.
The Advisory Group’s specific objectives are to:
- Represent park user’s interests
- To record the history and development of the park
- To develop and continuously appraise a strategic improvement plan
- Seek to attract finances to meet the strategic improvement plan
- To maximise the parks potential as a recreational and educational asset without compromising its historical and natural integrity
Each August the advisory group host their annual summer family fun day in Hartsholme County Park, why not come along and join the fun. More information will be provided on events and activities on the advisory group website.
Donations to Hartsholme Country Park
On the 12th September 2005 the City Council adopted a Policy for Consideration of Gifts/Donations to Public Parks*. The policy allowed funds and items to be accepted by the Park Advisory Group and formalises the process.
In line with this all bequests will now be put before the Park Advisory Group on a quarterly basis. The group will then decide on the appropriate action to take with advice from the Senior Park Ranger and other park staff. If you would like to make a donation to Hartsholme Country Park and would like more information please download the Donation leaflet found in our documents section at the end of the page.
*The full policy can be viewed at Hartsholme Country Park Visitor Centre and copies can be requested from the Senior Ranger.
Hartsholme Country Park
Tel: 01522 873577