Residents are invited to a public meeting where members of City of Lincoln Council will consider their response to the proposed closure of the walk-in centre in Monks Road.
As the committee responsible for speaking up for Lincoln residents on matters that affect their well being, the council’s Community Leadership Scrutiny Committee will meet next week to debate the proposals by the Lincolnshire West CCG to close the walk-in centre.
Members will be hearing from a panel of interested parties before recommending the council’s response.
Councillor Bob Bushell, chair of the committee, said: “We understand this consultation has already received around 2,000 responses and is obviously of some concern to Lincoln residents.
“We have invited representatives from a number of relevant organisations to speak and answer questions from the committee, so we can make sure we consider the proposals thoroughly and provide a response that best represents the interests of our residents.”
Public are welcome to attend the meeting, which will be held at the Alive Church, in Newland, at 6pm on Tuesday, August 1, although only the committee will be able to ask questions.
Sarah Jane Mills, Chief Operating Officer of Lincolnshire West CCG, will attend to put forward the CCG’s case. The committee will also hear from:
• Sarah Fletcher – Chief Executive of Health Watch
• Wesley Shelbourne – Chief Executive of Just Lincolnshire
• Kudzai Muzangaza – University of Lincoln Student Union President and student petition organiser
• Dean Graham – Organiser of a public petition on change.org
• A representative from Lincolnshire Local Medical Committee, representing the views of local GPs
The CCG’s consultation has recently been extended by almost two weeks and will now close on Friday, August 18.
People can find out more and speak to CCG staff at public drop-in sessions held on Wednesday, August 9, between 10am and 1pm, and between 4pm and 7pm, at Abbey Access Centre in Monks Road.
To have your say on the proposals, you can:
• Email email@example.com
• Write to: NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group, Cross O’Cliff, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, LN4 2HN.