Insurance Services deal with claims made against the council and also with claims made by the council.
How we use your personal information
City of Lincoln Council are what is known as the ‘controller’ of the data you provide and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
We take your privacy seriously and laws state that we must use your personal data:
- fairly, lawfully and be open with you about how we use it
- for a particular purpose and we must not do anything with your data which is not compatible with this
- keep your data accurate and delete any inaccuracies without delay
- obtain from you only the data which is necessary
- keep your data only for as long as necessary - you can download the retention policy for insurance documentation
- store your data safely and securely
We are processing your personal data for the purposes of administering insurance claims made against and by the council, to perform our official functions in accordance with the Local Government Act 1972.
What personal data do we collect from you?
We collect and use your personal data for the purposes of logging, investigating and considering a claim that you have made or about an accident that you may have had. This is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfil our statutory obligations and responsibilities. This includes the use of data such as;
- Your name
- Your address
- Details of how your claim affects you
- Any vulnerabilities you may have
- Details of your past and present health including your medical records
- Notes about any relevant circumstances that you have told us about
Who might we share your personal information with?
We may share your information with other sections of City of Lincoln Council and the following third parties where necessary:
- Claims handlers
- Legal representatives
- Department for Work and Pensions
How can I access the personal information you hold about me?
You have the right to request access to your information, to request that it be rectified if incorrect, to object to or restrict its processing and to its erasure in certain circumstances.
If you want to know more about your rights relating to the personal information we hold about you or you have a complaint regarding the way we have handled your personal information please contact our
Data Protection Officer,
City of Lincoln Council,
Telephone 01522 881188 or email@example.com
If however you remain unhappy, then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: -
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate) or visit www.ico.org.ukor email firstname.lastname@example.org