City of Lincoln Council and Voluntary Centre Services are pleased to announce the launch of the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund for 2022.
The Community Fund has been raised by players of Lincoln Community Lottery who have directly selected this fund as their good cause when purchasing tickets, meaning that 60 pence of every ticket sold through this selection goes directly towards the Community Fund.
Players who have selected to support a specific good cause have also donated 10 pence of each ticket to the Community Fund, meaning that every player of Lincoln Community Lottery has contributed to the £10,000 up for grabs.
During October 2022, a resident consultation took place to identify the two good cause areas where residents would like the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund for 2022 to be allocated to.
The consultation identified the two good cause areas as Food Banks and Green Spaces.
Good causes operating in one or both of these good cause areas are now invited to bid for a share of the funding to deliver a specific project or activity that benefits the residents of the City of Lincoln.
‘Good causes’ that are eligible to apply are:
- Charities – Must be registered with the Charity Commission
- Community groups – Must be formally constituted with a written constitution in place
- Clubs – Must be formally constituted with a written constitution in place
- Societies – Must be formally constituted with a written constitution in place
- Associations – Must be formally constituted with a written constitution in place
- Community Interest Companies
To be eligible to apply, you must also have a dedicated bank account for the cause with at least two unrelated signatories.
Applications must be received by Friday 2nd December 2022.
Funding applications received should be for no more than £5,000.
Chosen projects and activities must:
- Directly support Lincoln residents
- Meet one or both of the good cause areas selected by residents
- Demonstrate that they will begin to spend the funding within 6 months of allocation
- Confirm they will spend all funding allocated within 12 months
- Have a clear and defined outcome or outcomes
- Should not be a project already financially supported by the City of Lincoln Council or another council/public body.
The successful applications will be chosen and notified in December 2022.
Cllr Sue Burke, Portfolio Holder for Reducing Inequality at City of Lincoln Council, said: “Last year the fund helped five local good causes to deliver a range of community projects in the city directly aimed at supporting our residents, and it is great that we can once again offer this fund in 2022.”
The application form and guidance notes for the fund can be downloaded via the Voluntary Centre Services website - https://voluntarycentreservices.org.uk/.
Good causes can join and benefit from Lincoln Community Lottery by visiting - https://www.lincolnlottery.co.uk/good-causes
Players of Lincoln Community Lottery must be 16 or over. Free, confidential help for anyone who is worried about their or someone else’s gambling is available 24/7 via the Be Gamble Aware website www.begambleaware.org or by calling the National Gambling Helpline on freephone 0808 8020 133. Lincoln Community Lottery is a member of The Lotteries Council and fully supports and contributes to the Gamble Aware charity.
Lincoln Community Lottery is promoted by City of Lincoln Council, a Local Authority Lottery licensed by the Gambling Commission.