GDPR Cookie Consent byFree Privacy Policy

Council Tax

Service Update 25 March 2020

Please only contact us by telephone if it is absolutely essential.

Please be aware that if you call City of Lincoln Council, you will encounter significant delays in getting through to our team.

You can e-mail your enquiry to

Please be sure to include your name, address and account number in the message. 

If you are calling to report a change in your circumstances, there are a number of electronic forms available for you to do this on the Council’s website.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you need to contact the Benefits department please use e-mail.  You can e-mail us at


Page navigation

Pay Council Tax by direct debit >

Council Tax is collected and shared between City of Lincoln Council, Lincolnshire County Council and the Police Authority to pay for a wide range of public services.

Tell us that you have moved house > 

You can use this service to tell us that you have:

  • Moved into a property
  • Moved out of a property
  • Someone is moving in or has moved out of your property 
  • Setup a new council tax account