Starting up a business
Starting up your own business requires dedication, hard work and a profitable idea or business plan to be successful.
There are various things you need to think about including:
- Business premises - where are you going to operate your business from?
- Tax and legal formalities - what sort of business are you running, you will need to register with HM Revenue and Customs and possibly Companies House if you intend on being a limited company
- Finding customers - how are you going to reach out to your customer base? Advertising? Word of mouth?
- Competitors and market research - have you looked at the market in your area, is there a need for your product or service? What can you do better than your competitors?
- Business and financial plan - have you written a business and/or financial plan so you can manage your time and money?
- Do you need a specific licence to run your business? For example do you need a personal or premises licence for a business selling alcohol?
Looking for Commercial Property to let?
If you are looking for business premises in the city why not check out our properties. We have various availability to suit a range of business types, including office, retail and industrial.
Business Advice Drop In Session
Free impartial advice is now available with our Business Advisor Ginny Walker, at the Ermine Library and Community Hub starting from the 22nd February between 10:30am and 12:30pm. On Tuesday's from Sincil Bank Community Hub between 1:00pm - 3:00pm