Before you consider applying for a personal licence, you will be required to undertake the relevant qualification. Information on where to gain this qualification can be found in the Qualification Providers Document.
When applying for a personal licence, you need to submit the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A completed criminal conviction declaration form
- Two photographs of yourself, one of which is endorsed by a solicitor, a person of standing in the community or any individual with professional qualification
- The accredited licensing qualification you hold
- A criminal conviction certificate, criminal record certificate or the results of a subject access search of the police national computer by the National Intelligence Service - see below for more details
- The relevant fee - currently £37.00
These forms are available for download from the relative links. Alternatively you can request these forms be sent to you by post using our online form.
You should return all forms to Licensing Team, City of Lincoln Council, City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DB
Criminal record checks
Applicants are required to include one of two criminal record checks.
Criminal Conviction certificate - this is the basic disclosure made by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). You will be able to use the new DBS online application route that will be available on www.gov.uk.
Subject Access Search - this search is available through Lincolnshire Police Disclosure Unit
NOTE: Any criminal record check will not be accepted if it is over 28 days old.
Changing your Personal Licence details / reporting a missing Licence
When you apply for a Personal Licence with a given Licensing Authority, you will always be registered with that authority. If you move away from the area governed by that authority, you will need to inform your registered authority of your change of details.
Licence holders registered through the City of Lincoln Council can use the Change of Address Form, however if you are not registered with the us, you will need a form from your specific authority. When submitting the form, you MUST also send your original paper and card licences, as well as new photos.
A personal licence is issued for ten years and may be renewed for a further ten years if the licensee has not been convicted of any relevant or foreign offence.
Providing they have been kept aware of your location, your respective Licensing authority will endeavour to inform you one month in advance of a licence renewal. It is ultimately, however, the responsibility of the licence holder to ensure that their licence is renewed.