4. Supporting Statement
It is important to use the person specification when completing this part of the application form as this will outline what is required for each section.
You will need to demonstrate with examples, the abilities and experience that you have in the following areas:
- Supervision and Management of people
- Creativity and Innovation
- Contact and Relationships
- Work Environment
- Knowledge and Skills
You will only be short listed if you can show how you meet the criteria that are going to be assessed from the application form.
Wherever there is an ‘A’ in the assessed by column make sure you demonstrate how you meet this criteria.
The person specification will also tell you how each criteria is to be assessed.
A = Application Form
I = Interview
T = Test
The criteria on the person specification are either essential or desirable.
- Essential means that you must have them to be able to do the job
- Desirable means that we would ideally be looking for them but would be willing to accept candidates without them.
- The criteria are broken down into a number of sections