What information does the organisation collect?
The Council collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, licences, professional memberships, skills, experience, personal development and employment history;
- referencing information
- information about your criminal record
- information about whether you are related to another employee of the council or councillor
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief.
The Council may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment, including online assessments.
The Council may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers and information from criminal records checks. The Council will seek information from third parties only once a conditional job offer has been made.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR recruitment system/file and on other IT systems including email.