You can use this service to refer homeless or threatened service users
Public authorities should use this form to refer service users they believe to be homeless or threatened with homelessness to us.
Under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, public authorities will have a statutory duty to refer service users they believe to be homeless or threatened with homelessness to us. If it is likely they will become homeless within 56 days).
It is important that agencies make these referrals to us so that we can prevent and relieve homelessness effectively.
The statutory duty is coming into effect in October 2018, however agencies are able to make a referral now if they wish to.
Before you start
A referral is not a homelessness application. The referred person(s) will still need to make a homelessness application if they wish to seek our help. However, following a referral, we will contact the person(s) to begin enquiries.
Before making a referral, a public authority must:
- Have consent to the referral from the person(s) being referred
- Allow the individual to identify the housing authority in England which they would like to be referred
- Have consent that the service user’s contact details can be given so the housing authority can contact them regarding the referral
You will need
- Details for the service user, including their preferred method of contact
- To confirm that you have consent to the referral from the person(s) being referred
To continue your application click the ALERT portal button below, it will take you through to our jigsaw IT software, developed for processing these referrals.
In the event that you are unable to access the Jigsaw referral system, a generic email address is available: firstname.lastname@example.org