Use the national gov.uk service to register to vote, check or change your details
Who can register
You’re eligible to register to vote in elections if you’re both:
- aged 16 or over (or 14 or over in Scotland)
- a UK citizen (or an Irish, EU or Commonwealth citizen with a permanent UK address)
Register to get your name on the electoral register. You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.
You only need to register once - not for every election.
Vote by post
If you want to apply to vote by post, register before:
- 5pm on 26 November if you live in England, Scotland or Wales
- 5pm on 21 November if you live in Northern Ireland
- For further information see the postal voting page on gov.uk