Housing and benefits - Report changes in circumstances

You can use this service to report a change that may impact on your housing benefit or council tax support.

You will have to repay any overpaid benefits if you delay or fail to tell us about a change in circumstances.

We need to know about any change of circumstances, such as:

  • If you move home
  • If someone moves in or out
  • If your income changes
  • If your rent changes
  • If you qualify for another benefit
  • If you stop getting Income Support or Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • If anyone living in your home has a change of circumstance

If you fail to tell us about a change at all, then you could be prosecuted for benefit fraud.

If you do not receive any housing benefit or council tax support you should check our other list of online services you can use to tell us about any changes.

Before you start

To use this service you will need:

  • Your national insurance number
  • Your address details
  • Your benefit claim reference number
  • Details of your change
  • Any evidence you may need to prove your changes (these must be original documents and not copies)

Report your changes in circumstances >