Western Growth Corridor Consultation
The Lincoln Western Growth Corridor is located close to the city centre and represents an opportunity to create an attractive place for people to live and work.
Since the previous round of public consultation on the development we have been working with Lindum Group, which has purchased land on the site adjacent to our own, and who will be our delivery partner in bringing the development forward.
We have been compiling your feedback and working with partners to pull together the final documents which will form the planning application for the site.
Given the complex nature of such an important development, it has been essential to ensure we are using the most up-to-date information available and have the full understanding of all stakeholders.
Current draft proposals include:
- up to 3200 dwellings, with a local centre comprising of retail and commercial units and a new primary school
- a commercial employment area of up to 20HA
- a regional sport and leisure complex, comprising a new stadium, health and leisure facilities, a hotel and ancillary food and drink elements
- improved highway links including bus priority, cycling and walking routes connecting to and from the surrounding areas
- flood defence improvements that enable the development and provide better flood protection to existing residential areas
In progressing the development proposals for the site, views of the community are being sought to identify any key concerns or ideas that could be incorporated within the proposals for the scheme.
You can download the presentation from the consultation event held on 28th June 2017.