Freedom of information requests
City of Lincoln Council regularly receive requests for Business rates information. In order to make this process quicker and to reduce the need for a request, we have joined many other authorities in publishing the data online quarterly.
- Please note that we are unable to supply details of individuals as this constitutes personal data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018; and is exempt from disclosure by virtue of Section 40(2)(a)(i) (Personal Information) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- We have removed any sole trader’s personal information due to the above
- As per the Information Commissioner office decisions FS50643256 and FS50619844, we do not provide any individual information for accounts that are in credit. If you have been notified that you have a credit, please follow this link:
What information is available?
- Please note this is a general guide and is not exhaustive
- The list below are the most common requests sent to our authority for Non-Domestic rates Freedom of Information requests. The various reliefs can be found under the column headers within the 'Business Rates All Accounts' spreadsheet.
- Example reliefs are detailed in the table below:
|Relief type||Relief example|
|Mandatory||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Discretionary||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Rural||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Small business||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Retail discount||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Properties||Relief types 1, Relief types 2 and Relief types 3|
|Empty properties||Occupied / Empty Statues or/and Exemption Type|
|Rateable value greater than 5,000||Current Rateable Value|