Question time in full council
Members of the public are entitled to ask questions of the Leader of the Council, portfolio holders and committee chairmen at Full Council.
Full Council meetings are usually held on a Tuesday evening at the Guildhall on Saltergate in the city centre.
How do I submit a question?
You can submit your question online using the button below. Alternatively, you can fill in a paper copy of the form at City Hall or request a copy through the post from the Democratic Services Team.
All questions should be addressed either to the Leader of the Council, the relevant portfolio holder or committee chairman.
The Chief Executive and Town Clerk may reject a question if it:
- Does not relate to a matter of general interest
- Does not relate to a matter for which the council has responsibility
- Affects the interests of the city
- Relates exclusively to an individual grievance or personal issue
- Is defamatory, offensive, or frivolous
- Is substantially the same as a question which has been put at a meeting of the council within the previous six months
- Requires the disclosure of exempt or confidential information