The Civic Award will be awarded to an individual or an organisation for an achievement which has, in the opinion of the Trustees, brought credit to the City of Lincoln.
The achievement may be a single act or have been performed over a period of time.
The award may be made to an individual, a society, a group of people, a business, or an organisation, and the achievement may have been performed as a voluntary act or in the course of remunerated work.
The winner of the Civic Award will be decided by a Board of Trustees acting on behalf of the City of Lincoln Council
- A nomination may be made by the nominee themselves or by another on their behalf
- The Trustees may also consider nominations from other sources, including themselves
- It makes no difference how a nominee comes to the attention of the Trustees as the Award will be made on merit alone
- All nominations are in strict confidence
- The Civic Award will be presented by the Mayor at a ceremony in April
- An unsuccessful nomination may be re-presented the following year
The closing date for nominations is Monday 4th April 2022.