Freedom of information

If you're unhappy with the response to your Freedom of Information request

If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have responded to your written request for information you can:

  • Write to the Head of Corporate Support Services at the council, setting out why you are unhappy. Your case will be reviewed under the council’s internal appeals procedure
  • If after appeal you remain unhappy with the response, you can ask the information commissioner to review the decision. This is the government office that oversees and enforces freedom of information