Our health and wellbeing strategy
City of Lincoln Council has a health and wellbeing strategy which aims to take a proactive and engaging approach to enhancing the health and wellbeing of our employees.
The objectives of this strategy are:
- To promote healthier lifestyles, provide prevention, intervention and rehabilitation.
- To support employees to assess and take personal responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
- Providing managers with the knowledge and skills to support their staff, manage attendance and reduce stressors in the workplace
- To reduce the levels of sickness absence.
Balancing work and home life
We are committed to improving the quality of working life for all our employees. This includes a recognition that balancing work and home life is a key consideration for all employees.
We, therefore, has a range of provisions for employees, such as:
- Flexible working arrangements (please see the flexible working section for more information)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Carer leave - time off when an employee has an unexpected and urgent domestic problem
- Compassionate leave - time off at the time of a bereavement
- Paternity leave - time off for the father, partner or carer of an expectant mum when she has her baby
- Parental leave - Unpaid time off to care for children
- Adoption support leave - time off when employees wish to adopt a child