About the City of Lincoln Council
We are one of seven district councils in Lincolnshire, operating in a two-tier system of local government alongside Lincolnshire County Council.
We employ around 800 staff across four directorates:
- Chief Executive and Town Clerk
- Communities and Environment
- Housing and Regeneration
- Major Developments
The city is divided into 11 wards, each represented by three councillors – giving a total of 33 council members.
- The council is elected by thirds on a four yearly cycle. This means that one seat in each ward is elected each year for three years out of every four.
- The council operates a leader and cabinet model of governance and there are six councillors on the Executive, including the Leader and Deputy Leader.
- Councillor List
- Please view the City of Lincoln Council Structure organisational chart
- Read more about our Vision 2025 Strategic Plan which sets out what we want to achieve over the next five years and how we are going to achieve it
- Find us on twitter and facebook