About the City of Lincoln Council
We are one of seven district councils in Lincolnshire, operating in a two-tier system of local government alongside Lincolnshire County Council.
We employ around 800 staff across four directorates:
- Chief Executive and Town Clerk
- Communities and Environment
- Housing and Regeneration
- Major Developments
The city is divided into 11 wards, each represented by three councillors – giving a total of 33 council members.
- The council is elected by thirds on a four yearly cycle. This means that one seat in each ward is elected each year for three years out of every four.
- The council operates a leader and cabinet model of governance and there are six councillors on the Executive, including the Leader and Deputy Leader.
- The council’s current political composition is 26 Labour, six Conservative and one Independent, creating a Labour-controlled council.