Learn more about the plans >
The consultation period for City of Lincoln Council’s proposals for development of land at Western Growth Corridor closed on 15th November 2017.
We have had an excellent response so far and from feedback already received, it is clear that transport is a key concern. The county council is currently updating its Lincoln Transport model (which analyses traffic flow around the city) and has confirmed that it will be ready for the end of this month.
It makes sense that the proposed road layout for the development is run through the new model to ensure that the proposed improvements to the road network are the best they can be.
The modelling itself will take one month to run and then a few weeks to analyse. If this new model supports the proposed highway changes then the planning application will be submitted by the end of March 2018.
If changes are required as a result of the new modelling then a revised timescale will be drawn up to reflect the level/scale and impact of the changes.
We, as a major landowner of the Western Growth Corridor area (which extends to 240 hectares and is located to the north of Skellingthorpe Road with the A46 to the west and Tritton Road to the east), are working with the main adjacent landowners to bring forward the development of the site as a sustainable urban extension of the city now that it has been approved in principle as part of the Central Lincolnshire Local Plan adopted on 24 April 2017.
Current draft proposals include:
- up to 3200 dwellings, with a local centre comprising of retail and commercial units and a new primary school
- a commercial employment area of up to 20HA
- a regional sport and leisure complex, comprising a new stadium, health and leisure facilities, a hotel and ancillary food and drink elements
- improved highway links including bus priority, cycling and walking routes connecting to and from the surrounding areas
- flood defence improvements that enable the development and provide better flood protection to existing residential areas
In progressing the development proposals for the site, views of the community are being sought to identify any key concerns or ideas that could be incorporated within the proposals for the scheme.
You can download the presentation from the consultation event held 28th June 2017.