Housing Benefit Payment Dates
The following payment dates are for those who receive Housing Benefit.
These are the 2020/21 payment dates for private and non-Council tenants and when you can expect payments to be in your bank account.
You can download the calendar and print it out to help you budget.
- Benefit is usually paid on a regular fortnightly payment cycle in arrears for most claimants
- These fortnightly payments are normally from the period ending the previous Sunday
- First payments and lump sum back-payments might be paid at other times outside the normal cycle
- Payments are generated by us up to five days before they are received by you
- The payment cycle that applies to you is stated on your benefit decision notice letter.
Please tell us promptly, if something has changed that may affect your payments
Sometimes your Housing Benefit payments might be suspended, cancelled or cannot be made for unforeseen technical reasons, we always try to let you know if this happens.