Submit a planning application
The easiest way to submit a planning application is to apply online. You will need:
- Site location plan (scale 1:1250, application site outlined in red, showing at least 2 street names)
- Ownership certificate A, B, C or D
- Design and access statement (if required)
- The correct fee (please be aware we do not accept cash or cheque payments)
- Supporting plans and documentation
Apply by email/post
- Download your application form. You can access and download the City of Lincoln Council application forms from the Planning Portal e-forms cabinet. We require only the original form for most applications; we will ask you for more if required.
- Payment can be made through our online payments form, alternatively payment can be made by telephone.
- Email/post your completed application form and plans to us for checking and consideration, please retain a copy for your records.
Incomplete applications can not start to be considered costing both parties time. In most circumstances your application must be accompanied by plans and drawings of the site, details of any proposed works and the fee. You must also complete a certificate to confirm that you own the land or have notified all owners of the land.
Please be aware we do not accept cash or cheque payments.
Fees for submitting an application
You can use this online calculator to work out what the fees are likely to be for your application.