Cremation services take place Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Address: Lincoln Crematorium, Washingborough Road, Lincoln Postcode: LN4 1EF
You can view the location on google maps.
Contact us about cremation services
You can contact us directly by using our online bereavement services enquiry form.
Your funeral director will be able to help you with arranging a cremation.
You can find out more about the prices involved in arranging a funeral in our fees and charges document.
Crematorium opening times
- Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 5pm
- Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Book of remembrance opening times
- Monday - Thursday, 9am - 4.30pm
- Friday, 9am - 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am - 4pm
- Public Holidays, 10am - 4pm (Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday etc.)
If you require the page turning, staff will be available Monday to Friday during office hours.
Please contact the office in the crematorium building for assistance.
Chapel and services
- Our funeral services are held every 40 minutes. This allows time to be seated with a maximum of 30 minutes for the service.
- A Direct Cremation slot is available at 8.45 in the morning at a reduced fee. There is no attendance at a Direct cremation slot.
- An extended service can be provided for an additional fee.
- We have a waiting room, vestry, disabled toilets and an induction loop system in the Chapel
- The funeral service can be as personal or unique as you wish.
- The chapel is non-denominational and can be personalised for any religion or belief.
- Our uniformed chapel attendant will be available at each service.
- We have seating for around 100 mourners plus standing room within the Chapel. The Chapel also has bi-fold doors which can be opened up to extend the Chapel and provide more standing room.
- The service can be relayed outside via speakers for large attendances.
- We use the Wesley Media Music system, this system can provide almost any music choice that is requested.
- Visual Tributes can also be arranged, so you can personalise your service.
- We also offer webcasting and recording of your service.
- Flowers can be donated for use in the chapel after the funeral.
- Floral tributes will remain displayed in the Floral display area for 7 days.
- The Chapel can also be used for Memorial only services.
- Although we advise you use a Funeral Director we are able to provide advice for families who wish to do their own Funeral and not use a Funeral Director. Please contact the office for more details.
- Parking is available at the Crematorium free of charge. The car park has a disabled parking space, with two more disabled spaces available outside the Chapel
- The Crematorium has public toilets
- Two wheelchairs are available for use for people who may have mobility issues
- Dogs are welcome in Crematorium grounds and Chapel however must be kept on a lead and under control at all times
Garden of Remembrance
The Garden of Remembrance is a natural area in the grounds of the Crematorium where cremated remains can be buried. Cremated remains are usually buried in the area of month and year of cremation however they can be buried near to an area of a loved one. The Garden of Remembrance is a natural area, because of this we do not allow headstones, plaques, wind chimes, plants/trees, markers or similar we also request that flowers are left loose on the ground. Tied flower bunches will be moved to the Book Room and unpermitted items will be removed and stored for six months prior to disposal. Permanent memorials are available elsewhere in the Crematorium grounds. Alternatively you can have cremated remains buried in a cremation plot in a Cemetery. Memorials in the Crematorium grounds are also available for people who are buried away from the Crematorium.
Tel: 01522 873646