Collection of large or bulky items
- If you already have a booking, you don’t need to take any action, other than to place your bulky item outside on the planned collection day
- If you wish to cancel your collection please let us know as soon as possible
- This action is being taken in order to release staff to concentrate on essential services such as domestic waste collections, whilst the Coronavirus outbreaks is affecting staff numbers.
We only provide a free collection for bulky items to residents if:
- A registered disabled person makes the request, and does not have an able bodied person living with them
- Person making the request is eligible for state pension, is unable to move the item themselves, and does not have an able bodied person living with them
- Person making the request is suffering a temporary disability, and does not have an able bodied person living with them
- Person making the request is pregnant, and does not have an able bodied person living with them
- Person making request is in receipt of a means tested benefit (usually but not limited to Housing or Council tax benefit)
- Please note that Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits alone do not entitle you to this service.
If you are eligible book a collection
Please call 01522 873 423 where we will confirm the collection details with you.
When will we collect the item?
We collect items every Wednesday. You should allow for up to four weeks for collection, though normally we can collect sooner. You will be advised of when your collection will take place when you book.
If you have qualified and booked a Bulky Waste Collection, please note the following:
- We will not collect items from inside a person’s domestic property
- All items must be placed kerbside on the day of collection before 6:30am or the night before. Please think of wheelchair users and pushchairs when putting your item out for collection
- If you are unable to put it kerbside it must be on the boundary of your property and the boundary of the public highway or footpath and you must notify of us of this
- To assist disabled customers we will, on an agreed basis, collect from your gardens or driveways. Please note that we will not collect from inside your property
- We will only collect the items you requested upon making your booking, if the items change you must notify us 48 hours before your booked collection. We only collect what is on our list as detailed by you the customer
- You are not permitted to book another bulky collection within 3 months of your confirmed collection date. This is regardless of items changed or not collected because we were not notified 48 hours before you booked date.
How many items can be collected?
Three items can be collected at one time, and you can make one request in any three month period.
What can be collected?
Examples of items which can be collected:
- Any general household furniture, for example: chest of drawers, wardrobes, chairs, settees, beds, mattresses, carpets, tables, bookcases, shelves etc.
- Any electrical items, for example: washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers
Examples of items that cannot be collected;
- Paving slabs
- DIY items - doors, glass, baths, toilets, washbasins, windows
- Fridges, freezers, paint, gas cylinders, asbestos, wood
What to do if you are not eligible
Unfortunately we do not provide a collection to those who are not eligible, you might want to consider one of the following options:
You could take your items to the tip
You can take large and bulky items yourself to the Household Waste Site at Great Northern Terrace, there is no charge for disposal.
Or pay for a collection
If you cannot take the items yourself, you may wish to consider paying for a collection.
By contacting any registered waste carrier. You can find registered waste carriers online if you type 'waste collection services in Lincoln' into your website browser search bar.
Disposing of your domestic fridge or freezer
We do not collect fridges and freezers for free, if you are able to transport your fridge or freezer to the Household Waste Site at Great Northern Terrace there is no charge for disposal.