Having difficulty paying your rent?
If you are having difficulty paying your rent, please contact us on 01522 873333 or complete our online form to arrange an appointment to see your Housing Officer immediately. We can help you sort out your rent account before the arrears get out of control.
If you already have an arrangement to repay arrears
If you have made an arrangement to repay arrears, please tell us if you need to negotiate it again. Don’t stop paying without contacting us.
Above all - keep in touch so we can help.
What you can expect
- We will have trained and knowledgeable staff available to discuss arrears during opening hours
- Any information you give us will be kept in confidence
- Private interview rooms are available
- If you honour your repayment arrangements, we will not take further action
- At your request, we will arrange appointments to see you outside office hours
- We will always be prepared to renegotiate a repayment agreement
- We will notify you as soon as you fall behind with the payment of one week’s rent
- We will seek to meet you at home or in the area office before we serve a Notice of Seeking Possession or, in the case of introductory tenants, a Notice of Proceedings
- We will take account of your income and spending and any other relevant circumstances when negotiating repayment arrangements
- We will help you maximise your income by carrying out benefit checks
- We will give you a regular rent account statement
- If you query your arrears figure, we will give you a written response within ten working days
- We will try to meet you at least twice before starting proceedings in the County Court to take back your home
Failure to pay your rent may lead to you losing your home, please contact us as soon as possible so we can help you. Complete our online form or call us on 01522 873333.