Before and during your repair
What you need to do
After you have reported the repair you should keep a note of your repair appointment number.
You will need to make sure you are at your property for the time slot you have chosen.
If the work involves moving furniture or lifting carpets, you should be aware that this is your responsibility and you should do this before the trades person arrives. It is also a good idea to move any personal belongings away from the work area, particularly if they are breakable.
If you have young children, please make sure that they are kept safe from tools and machinery whilst the tradesman works in your home.
What to expect during the appointment
We will make every effort to complete the repair on the day of the appointment. However we may need to inspect a repair before any work is undertaken to ensure we have the correct fixtures, fittings and tools for the job. If the tradesmen cannot complete the repair on the day they will arrange another appointment with you before they leave.
For some repairs such as central heating, alarm systems or TV aerials we may need to use specialist companies.
For some structural and external repairs, we may tell you that work will be done as part of a planned maintenance programme at a later date.
The tradesperson should always:
- Wear standard issue overalls
- Produce dust sheets
- Carry out work in a neat and tidy manner
- Remove all waste from the property when the repair is complete
- Deal with you in a polite and courteous manner
The contractor should never leave repair work unattended without letting you know first and they should ensure the work area is left safe.
Repairs inside your home
Please note that to protect you and our repair staff we expect you to take the following steps:
- At least 20 minutes before the appointment time please air the room by opening the windows, at least 2 if possible, and leave them open.
- Remain at least 2 metres from our operatives at all times. If possible stay in another room with the door closed until the work has been completed.
- Keep your pets under control and in another room if possible, with the door closed.
- After our staff have left we recommend that you leave the windows open for a further 20 minutes to allow fresh air to circulate in your home. The worker will remind you of this when they leave.