Mutual Exchanges

Other things to consider

Change of mind

We cannot accept responsibility or take any action if any exchange partners change their mind at any stage before moving.

Action for possession

We may begin an action for possession of your property if an exchange is agreed as a result of a tenant giving false information or if any payment has been made to persuade someone to exchange or if tenants move before our written consent is given.

Intention to live in the new property

Our consent is given on the understanding that all exchange partners intend to occupy their new properties. We may take legal action if we later find out that this is not so.


Our insurance policy only covers the structure of our homes so you ought to take out a policy to cover your own belongings and internal decorations. Make sure you are covered for any removal.

We have teamed up with insurance brokers Marsh and Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance plc to provide house contents cover under the umbrella of the Northern Housing Consortium. The ‘Simple Insurance’ tenants contents scheme offers affordable cover within the grasp of all tenants, including those who are in receipt of benefits and unemployed.