Following a consultation exercise in respect of the options available to the city council for the future management and control of houses in multiple occupation, the council has made an Article 4 direction, relating to houses in multiple occupation, for the whole of the City of Lincoln Council area.
The council invited representations on the Article 4 direction between 27 February and 20 March 2015, and subsequently decided to confirm the direction on 25 January 2016. A consultation statement has been produced outlining the consultation, representations and comments received and officer responses to the main issues raised, and can be downloaded in the downloads section below
For any media enquiries please contact the communications team.
Formal process and documentation
The process which led the council to pursue the consideration of an Article 4 direction for the council’s administrative area for the purpose of houses in multiple occupation and an accreditation scheme for private sector housing is summarised below:
- 24th September 2014 - Policy Scrutiny Committee
- 26th September to 24th October 2014 - Public consultation
- 29th October 2014 - Planning Committee
- 12th November 2014 - Policy Scrutiny Committee
- 12th November 2014 - Policy Scrutiny Committee - agenda items
- 15th December 2014 - Executive - Decision to pursue the consideration of an Article 4 direction
- 27th February to 20th March 2015 - Public consultation inviting representations and comments on the Article 4 direction relating to houses in multiple occupation.