Threatened with Homelessness?
If you are worried about losing your home please contact us as soon as possible on 01522 873 777 to arrange a Housing Options interview.
To use this service
- An appointment must be made, including in an emergency situation
- We are unable to offer walk-in appointments at City Hall due to the Coronavirus
- If you are contacting us outside of normal office hours, you are homeless and you have no other place to stay, please call us on 01522 534 747
Housing assistance is available to all eligible households
Eligible means that you are
- A british citizen
- An EEA National exercising your rights
- A person subject to immigration control who is eligible for housing
- and that you are homeless or threatened with homelessness
The support we can offer to you will be discussed at your homeless telephone interview.
During the telephone interview the Officer will
- Discuss the most appropriate course of action and assistance available to you
- Complete a comprehensive housing assessment to identify the problem and any additional needs that you may have
- Agree a Personalised Housing Plan (PHP) with you outlining all actions that will be taken by yourself and the council to help resolve the situation
- The plan will be regularly reviewed until a successful outcome is reached.