Out of hours emergency repairs are only carried out outside normal working hours if it is necessary to avoid danger to the health and safety of residents or serious damage to the structure of buildings.
Emergency work is considered to be:
- Toilet blockage or toilet unable to be flushed. Please note: as a temporary measure all working toilets can be flushed by using a bucket of water
- Serious storm, accident or flood damage to room, due to leak
- Dangerous structures
- Serious electrical faults, total loss of power
- Total loss of water supply
- Major water leak (which is causing a flood)
- Blocked flue to a boiler or open fire
- Overflows and taps continually running
- Smoke alarm constantly sounding
- Where the property cannot be secured (eg: insecure low level window and doors)
- Regaining entry where a tenant is accidentally locked out. However a charge is likely to be made in this instance
Reporting an emergency repair
To report an emergency repair outside office hours you should call 01522 534747.
Please do not call this number out of hours if the repair is not urgent we may charge you a fee if the repair is not deemed an emergency.