We provide a garden waste collection service running from July 1st to June 30th. You can opt in for garden waste collections part way through the year but there is no reduction to the cost and subscription will end on June 30th. The fee is £39 for your first bin. You will be provided with a sticker to place on your bin, which indicates to the bin collectors that you have paid for the service.
Costs and frequency
- The garden waste bins will be collected every fortnight all year round.
- The cost for the service is £39 per year for your first bin. This covers the year from July 1st to June 30th the following year.
- Additional bins are charged at £15 per year with a maximum of four bins per property.
- New bins are supplied for an initial delivery charge of £15 per bin (you cannot collect bins or supply your own bin).
Using your garden waste wheelie bin
- Bins are emptied on a fortnightly basis (except Christmas Day and Boxing Day)
- This service is provided throughout the year
- Bins must be presented at the kerbside
- Bins must be out by 7am on collection day
- All waste must be contained within the bin with the lid closed
What can be disposed of in your green bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Natural Christmas Trees
For information on your collection dates, please check our online calendar.
Alternative methods of disposal
In addition to the garden waste service there are other methods of getting rid of your green waste.
Composting can be done at home - all you need is a composting bin. By composting kitchen and garden waste you can easily improve the quality of your soil.
Waste disposal sites
Garden waste can be taken to the county council’s Household Waste Recycling Centres at Great Northern Terrace.