Events are an important aspect to the city – they bring new visitors, local economic income and great atmosphere.
If you’re organising a large event within Lincoln then you should:
- Visit the Lincolnshire Event Safety Partnerships website - this may be useful to you as it contains information and guidance on risk assessments, medical scores and an event plan template
- Contact the Food Safety and Hygiene Team (if providing food or refreshments)
- Contact the Lincoln Safety Advisory Group with your event plans and details
- If you think that your event will impact in any way on the public highway (including roads/footpaths), you must also register your event with Lincolnshire County Council
Food Safety & Hygiene
Any provision of food and refreshments at the event will need to be carried out in compliance with the Food Safety & Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013 EC Regulation 852/2004 Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
In order for the Food, Health & Safety Team to offer you advice in advance on food, health and safety requirements you will need to provide the following information:
- Contact name and telephone numbers for catering coordinator/manager
- Type and scale of catering proposed e.g. hot food mobile units, temporary kitchens within marquees, barbecues, tea/cake stalls, sale of alcoholic refreshments, ice-cream kiosks.
- Contact name and address for all caterers/traders
- A site map showing location of catering units and services
- Details of water supply – permanent/temporary mains, number and location of water points
- Details of waste water disposal facilities/drainage points
- Details of trade waste disposal facilities
- Details/arrangements for disposal and collection of waste oil
- Details of LPG gas provision for caterers
- Details of electricity provision for caterers e.g. mains, diesel generators, Individual petrol generators. (For emergency use only)
- Details of any contingency for interruption of supply of water, power, etc.
- Your plans will be subject to an inspection by authorised officers from the City of Lincoln Council’s Food, Health & Safety Team.
Please email the above information and a completed Food Health and Safety checklist to: email@example.com
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paul Thacker, Food Safety Officer, City of Lincoln Council, 01522 873869
What is the Safety Advisory Group?
Safety Advisory Groups (SAG) were formed nationally as a result of some serious incidents at several events (such as Hillsborough 1989). In order to make sure your event is safe to operate in Lincoln you should get in touch with our Safety Advisory Group which includes representatives from:
- City of Lincoln Council
- Lincolnshire Police, Ambulance Service and Fire Service
- Emergency Planning
- Lincolnshire Highways
We can provide you with advice and guidance on how to run your event safely.
If you’re organising an outdoor event that is likely to have a large attendance (or any potential risks) then you should notify the Safety Advisory Group (SAG). You can do this by emailing email@example.com with your event plans and details. You will need to make sure you do this in good time so that it can be discussed at the next meeting. SAG meetings are usually scheduled two months ahead of an event to provide ample time to make amendments to plans upon the advice of the SAG. The deadline dates for these can be found below.
We will then review your safety plans and risk assessments at one of our meetings and provide you with any comments and observations. Any of our representatives who have a statutory responsibility for your event, may then act on that responsibility.
We do not assist in the event itself or accept responsibility for your event.
Deadline for submission of your event plan
Tuesday 2nd April 2019 (for discussion at April's meeting)
Tuesday 7th May 2019 (for discussion at May's meeting)
Tuesday 4th June 2019 (for discussion at June's meeting)
Tuesday 2nd July 2019 (for discussion at July's meeting)
Tuesday 6th August 2019 (for discussion at August's meeting)
Tuesday 3rd September 2019 (for discussion at September's meeting)
Tuesday 1st October 2019 (for discussion at October's meeting)
Tuesday 5th November 2019 (for discussion at November's meeting)
Tuesday 3rd December 2019 (for discussion at December's meeting)