Affected City of Lincoln Council Services
City Hall Opening Hours
We are open for essential appointments and limited hours.
To book your appointment call 01522 881 188
To protect our customers and staff
- Strict social distancing measures will be put in place
- Appointments will be staggered to reduce footfall
- Staff will be located by the entrance to ensure no one enters without an appointment or before their scheduled time
- Staff will offer guidance on how to request an appointment
For the latest updates please check the public toilet directory before you travel.
We have a team working to ensure we have the staff and processes in place to get the financial support out to businesses as quickly as possible to provide the help needed.
If you want to raise any issues with us or ask any questions, please contact us by email email@example.com
More information can be found at lincoln.gov.uk/support
For all other enquiries
If you are unable to make any current business rate payments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01522 873 342
Please only contact us by telephone if it is essential.
You can e-mail your enquiry to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include your name, address and account number in the message.
If you are calling to report a change in your circumstances, there are a number of electronic forms available for you to do this on the Council’s website.
Please be aware that if you call City of Lincoln Council, you may encounter delays in getting through to our team.
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
If you need to contact the Benefits department please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Association properties will continue to be advertised in the normal way.
City Hall is open for a limited service on an appointment only basis.
Appointments will only be offered on an exceptional basis for matters that cannot be dealt with by telephone or email. No ‘walk-in’ service will be available for the Housing Solutions Team.
If you require assistance please see the contacts below:
For allocations or homeless queries contact email@example.com or call 01522 873 777
For any professional partner requiring an assessment for a service user please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing allocations are currently on hold until the Government makes changes to the social distancing rules.
If you are in a crisis situation and have nowhere to sleep tonight please call our Emergency Homelessness line on 01522 544 813.
If someone is currently rough sleeping within the City you need to call 01522 873 351 or email email@example.com
A member of the Rough Sleeping Team will then make contact with you in order to assist.
Important Communication Regarding All Waste Services
The City Of Lincoln Council and Biffa are working in partnership to maintain your waste collection services, please see our latest update below.
- Refuse Black Bin / purple sacks collections to continue as normal
- Recycling Brown Bin collections to continue as normal
- Garden Waste Green Bin to continue as normal.
Please present all waste for collection by 6:30am on the day of collection or the night before your collection is due. It is important that you remove your bin from the street on to your own property following your scheduled waste collection.
Assisted Bulky Waste Collections
This service continues as normal all bookings must be processed through Customer Services by calling 01522 873 423
- We will continue to provide street cleansing and litter picking services within the city centre and likewise around the rest of the city, but litter pickers on foot will be reduced throughout the city as a whole.
- We will continue to provide mechanical sweepers on your normal routine cleansing schedules.
- We will endeavour to keep you updated where possible and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Coronavirus Guidance for Lincoln Crematorium and Cemeteries
You can find out more information at lincoln.gov.uk/crematorium-1/lincoln-crematorium/1