Coronavirus support and services

Council Tax and Housing Support

Council Tax Energy Rebate - Households in Bands A to D

On 3rd February 2022 the UK Government announced measures to help protect millions of households from rising energy costs. This included a £150 council tax energy rebate.

Household Support Fund (HSF)

For further information please see our dedicated page

Housing Benefit Support

If you need to contact the Benefits department please email

Online Forms

Below is a list of forms that you can use to let the Council know about changes in your personal circumstances or to apply for Council Tax discounts:

Make a Council Tax Payment

You can use this service to pay your council tax online.

Report a Move

You can use this service to tell us that someone has:

  • Moved into the area
  • Moved out of the area
  • Moved within the area

Report a move

Report a change in the people who live with you

You can use this service to tell us that someone has:

  • Joined your household
  • Left your household

Report a change


Forms for Landlords

Report a change of tenancy or report student tenants

Council Tax Support 

Make a new claim for support with paying your Council Tax.

Direct Debits

Setup a new direct debit or change a direct debit 

Apply for a Council Tax discount or an exemption from paying Council Tax

Discounts and exemptions that you can apply for:

Other Changes or Actions

Update your details to report a change in your name or contact details. 


You can use our online contact form to contact us about a Council Tax enquiry

  • Please be sure to include your name, address and account number in the message
  • If you are calling to report a change in your circumstances, there are a number of electronic forms available for you to do this on the Council’s website.